Pages

27 May, 2009

Thank you.



Have you ever paused to observe that moment in time when you were at the crossroads of indulgence & restraint? What did you feel? A rush of emotions? Maybe the battle of greed and gratitude?

It is such a moment of life. And today I felt that.

It was when I was standing there looking at him, hearing his voice, and trying to imprint in my memory every last bit of him. It was when I was leaning in to my third "last" hug...I was noticing. Don't I take a fourth? What else is there? Then I turned, still unsure, to walk out the door with tears welling in my eyes and heart...and I was observing the battle in myself. I closed the door and stood there for a second on the walk to steal one last look back, and suddenly it stopped. I turned up to the sky and the words, "thank you" drifted up into the night, taking with them the struggle...and I became peaceful.

1 comment: