Pages

12 June, 2009

Midwives :)


Wendy Pinter Christa Bartley

So there is this lady in town who has long dredlocks pulled back in a nice ponytail and she is always babywearing her newborn daughter. Every time I pass her in the car someone points and says something about how she does the same thing as me. I actually asked more specifically about what they meant and they said she is a Hebamme. Said, "Hey-bomb-eh". This is the german word for midwife. Super cool! She apparently had all three of her kids at home. Cool huh? Wendy and Christa would think so. I think. :) Wink wink. I hope to get to talk to her about her work here someday. And since DONA is DONA INTERNATIONAL now I might just make it a point to go to something in Europe. Wonder who I could meet?!
Wendy, Christa, I miss you guys. Thanks a lot for letting me work and learn with you for so long. Hopefully again someday.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is so cool. See? You'll be hooked up there in no time, and coming back with stuff to teach us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? You have to have dreds, Christa! I miss you too Marlayna! REALLY miss you!

    ReplyDelete