Pages

01 December, 2011

My First Homemade Christmas Cards!

These couldn't have been easier or more fun to make! Pretty much anyone who has ever been to kindergarten has learned how to fold a piece of paper and cut random shapes out of it to make a unique and darling snowflake. I just used my mad KG-Skillz to make this first one :)


These were super simple too because they're just a bunch of squares. I cut one strip of paper off and then proceeded to snip chunks off that strip according to the different sized gift boxes I wanted. To make them look more finished I added the hand drawn bow details and the box tops, which were another small strip of paper.


A little glue stick action and wha-la!

Pre-arranging to see different combinations helps...


The Christmas Trees took all of 2.5 minutes to make too. Thats because all the cuts are straight lines. Here I am cutting the strip off my paper.
Then I cut my first angle off (and waste this one) because I dont want any Leeeeaaaaaning trees. Gotta get my angle right!
And proceed! No turning the paper, just a flick of my wrist at the opposing angle and bam, a whole pile of trees in 30 seconds!

Easiest holiday cards ever.
And they're so darn cute!

PS!!....it helps boost productivity (riiight?!) if you have some of these goodies around :)





No comments:

Post a Comment