Pages

11 July, 2009

Our Random Weekend.

So Daniel and I were feeling a little "couped up" after the rainy days we've had since being back from Holland. We were going to try to go into downtown Hannover to look for the large fleamarket and vintage shops but Bea & Cord had to go to wedding today and we had no car to use. We were really bummed. This was last minute news to us. This is why we have been thinking very seriously about buying our own car. First choice: An Old Mini-Cooper :) So, since we don't actually have a MINI yet, our alternative was to take the bus/train system into town. However, one of the bikes we were going to use to get to the bus stop (a mile+ away) suddenly has a flat tire. So, I was very frustrated but my engineer husband engineered another option for us. I was very reluctant but it was quite a laugh once I gave in and we started on our trip. Check it out. I know, it was rediculous. My knees were in my face and every person we passed and said, "hallo" to only looked at us with wide eyes like we were clowns. Well, we kind of were!
We made it to the bus stop and waited an hour but the bus never came. Apparently we misunderstood something! Surprise! Oh well, we rode to our friends house just down the street and they took us into town with their car to go shopping. On the way I caught a glimpse of a wedding at a local church. The same church where our friends daughter was baptized.
The newlywed mobile. Pretty nice, huh?I took a picture of this drink because it's actually quite popular here in Germany. It's all organic and naturally fermented juice from different things like lychee, ginger, elderberry, etc. No added sugar. It's fabulous if you ask me. You find this as often as you would coke back home. I wish we had an alternative this common back home!
My new sandals from Holland. My much needed new ballet flats, also from Holland. These are super dooper soft like butter. I was so happy because I have a really hard time finding shoes that fit and allow my feet their quirks. I usually have to take a very long time to break them in...which really translates to my own feet being broken for a while. Not this time! I absolutely heart these pens in Europe. I think you can find them in the US but they are rarely used. The first time I learned about them was from Frederike a few years back. The best part is that the ink cartriges are really easily replacable, so you can keep it forever!
One of my piddly little projects. I need something to go inside the glass jar because the candle is just a little small. Dried flowers? Rocks? Something. I haven't decided.
I was so happy when Bea told me I could take some new bed sheets for our Bettdecken (comforters) because our other ones were orange and red. Those are nice colors, but they evoke a firey side in me so I prefer lighter, gentler colors. I also recovered our couch cushions in some too-big pillow cases and it made me feel happier and more relaxed. How cute is my sleeping Ollie? :)
Daniel said they were a little bit girly but I have no idea what he was talking about. heheh. jk. I'm a girl, duh!
Yesterday it was rainy and we spent part of the day with Bea's sister Miriam at the hospital to see her and the new baby Levy. Afterwards I made Daniel the "Erdnussbutter-Fingers" aka "Peanut Butter Fingers" he's been dying to have. We had to wait until we went to Holland to buy peanut butter because it was 1/3 the price it is in Deutschland. Here were the results! I say "were" because in the first 20 minutes nearly 1/3 of the dish was gone! Daniel ate the whole thing in one day.


1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the breastfeeding picture. I am not sure how the Germans view breastfeeding, but here in Grenada women just whip out their boobs anywhere. In fact the other day, one of the ladies who works at our hotel was walking and feeding her 2 year old. I am not quite that skilled, but I loved how empowered women about feeding their children down here. You'll have to also inform me about the hospital birth process there too because Jason's friend (cabaret dancer) actually came home to have her little one because she didn't want to deal with the German system of care - I don't know what that means.

    Thanks for keeping your blog going even though mine has died. I am thinking about teaching Syd German - any suggestions. Mine is so bad right now; I would really have to start at square one, but I think that it would be fun for the both of us.

    Take care,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete