Pages

13 November, 2009

The Place We Call Home...

"Lincoln Park" as Daniel calls it. It's really Bronson Park but Lincoln spoke here 4 years before he became president. How amazing to imagine him giving a talk here in the park. History is so romantic! Do you ever feel enchanted by such things? The holidays are starting here! Last week all the flags were changed and the trees were decorated with lights...those really great LED ones...so sparkly and pretty!
Walking mall and Kalamzoo Valley Museum, all right out our door!

Thats me in our window!
Hugging a sweet LuLu B :)
My super orange kitchen. Its interesting that we picked this place considering I feel orange is really best left to pumpkins and squash.


The free-standing "closet" my sweet and handy husband built for me...since we only have ONE tiny working closet.
These are photos from the day or two after moving in...not much decorating had been accomplished yet. Those fine little touches that I love to spend time on hadnt happened yet. But it was a great start!

1 comment:

  1. love your new place. And I actually like the orange kitchen. I painted our half bathroom in tangerine, because it was the only can of paint they had in the mismatched bin at Home Depot and I was broke so the $5.00 tangerine it was. It grew on me : )

    ReplyDelete