Pages

05 April, 2010

Pea & Potato Soup

Apparently my husband *LOVES* peas. I had no idea! I discovered this after making him this yummy last minute dinner I threw together out of some leftover ingredients in the fridge. We both really enjoyed it so I thought I'd share!

Ingredients:

5-6 Large Russet Potatoes, cubed
1 bag Frozen Peas
3/4 cup of crushed tomatoes (I had part of a can leftover)
Olive oil
1 Large Onion, chopped in large chunks
3 cups Frozen Cabbage, chopped in large chunks (I did this last fall)
2 Bay leaves
Pepper, Salt
Coriander

Sautee the onions in the olive oil. When translucent add in cubed potatoes and cover with water. Stirr in crushed tomatoes, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for 5-6 minutes. Stir in cabbage and peas and heat through. Just before serving, using the back of a spoon, crush some of the potato chunks against the side of the pot to thicken the broth. Serve.




1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight! I'm not a pea person, so I left them out, and threw in a little ground beef instead. It turned out good.

    Right now I've got beans soaking overnight for soup tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete