Pages

10 September, 2009

The power of NOW...

Yesterday I was buzzing again. I felt the strain of reaching to touch the "better, happier" future I'd creatively imagined in my head. Maybe you know it, the untouchable, ideal world that we never quite seem to live in but chase after like the golden carrot in front of us just out of our reach? Yah, that's where I was. Again. One of the first times I became profoundly aware of the now, the moment I was truely living in, and stopped struggling to reach an impossible place in the future, was when I read through Echkart Tolle's book A New Earth. Since then, I've had lots of moments where my conciousness shifted and I returned to the now. Of course, I still spend a tremendous amount of time in my past and potential future, as was apparent to me yesterday when I read this quote on my Echart Tolle calendar...
"Surrender each moment to the reality of that moment. If you abide in this state of acceptance, you create no more negativity, no more suffering, no more unhappiness. You then live in a state of nonresistance, a state of grace and lightness, free of struggle."
- Eckhart Tolle
If you've ever paused and asked yourself how time flew by and felt like you didn't know where it went, may I make a recommendation and suggest the two books by this incredibly present, thoughtful author, Eckhart Tolle. I read them in this order and they were profoundly awakening: A New Earth, and then The Power of Now. I hope you enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. oh boy....do I know the feeling of trying to reach the golden carrot that is dangling just out of reach!!! I did that for how long?!?!

    I haven't read these books but it sounds like I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have A New Earth, I'm about 1/3 through it. Very good I agree..... Glad to hear u are back in town. Hope to see u Thursday and we still need to do a girls night! Christina Lirette

    ReplyDelete